This was a campaign I was involved in a couple of years ago. The digital work on this was crazy. unfortunately I don’t think it reflects the hours put into it though. By far the biggest challenge was the Eye-Drop-Water-Stream. I had to create a streak which had a lot of energy and motion, but was still clear enough that you could see the white of the eye underneath. Masking off the eye itself was crazy too. I wanted to keep the eyelashes separate from the rest of the eye so that I could fade some of the details out around the lids. that way the eye wouldn’t look cut out and pasted on the page. Anyway, those were the 2 biggest challenges. The fire, sand and barbed wires were pretty easy. So like most work in Photoshop…the flashiest elements were the easiest and the seemingly simple pieces were a nightmare. Having said that, I really like these pieces, I’m glad I got to work on them. OH! p.s. – I created the transparency on the bottle so that no matter where you move it, it will remain transparent. So cool. I do that kind of stuff for me.
Trying my hand at some new techniques. I can’t tell if I like this or not. I like the potential. Probably just need to do it about 12,000 more times.
I was going through some old files on my computer and came across these. I used to work at a local photography studio and so we always had props cameras and models on hand. Generally, when I had down time I would play with some of the images our photographers would take. these are some results from then. Like most of the things I do…I can’t tell if they’re cool or not. But I like them
It’s taking waaay too long to upload these individually, so here are the remaining contest entries.
None of them won any more than a smattering of positive comments. Which is really much better than I’d hoped for.
“Apollo’s House” was the third piece I entered into that photoshop contest. The idea was rooted in the Greek story of Apollo and Daphne which is why the trees are women. I can’t really explain the escalator other than I thought it would be pretty pimp for a tree-house. Especially a God’s tree-house. This piece was pretty well done ‘technically’ and there are aspects that I like about it a lot, but I don’t love this one as much as some of the other things I’ve done. Anyway…
“Muse” was the final image I created for the contest I didn’t win.
I love it…but in retrospect…I’m not a huge fan of the color scheme. It’s a little bright. And primary. I did, however, go balls out on the doodles.
Click on the names above for higher res peek-a-boos
Sooo…this was the 2nd piece I entered into the contest.
I really like how this one turned out and I think the idea was cool.
The smoking red slippers still make me smile.
Click here for a closer look.
This was the first piece of a series that i entered into a Photoshop contest.
Each week we were given 5 random images to manipulate in any way we wanted. This first piece was technically sound but went largely unnoticed.
Click here for a closer looksie.
I love my job. I love the challenges I’m presented with daily.
This, however, was ridiculous.
A local church was hiring an Elvis impersonator to come help with some type of charity event and our agency was going to help design some posters to help advertise the event.
I was presented with these source images and asked if I could make it look like Elvis was one of the Saintly statues on the side of this church.
I said I could do it.
I didn’t think I could do it.
There were so many issues, not the least of which was the fact that the only picture of an elvis statue we had was almost in complete darkness. there was lighting, coloring, textures, blah, blah,blah. etc. Even removing the existing saint to create a space for Elvis was a pain.
Here’s what I ended up with:
It was a challenge, but it was also a lot of fun. But it was more of a challenge.
Click here for a larger version.